Thursday, September 11, 2008

On the fat train

I had an OB appointment yesterday. Aside from making me wait an additional half hour the appointment was rather uneventful. Just the usual, weight, blood pressue, pee in a cup stuff.

My AFP test came back normal. And the best news yet my early GTT came back normal too. w00t! I will have to do it again at 28 weeks or something like that but at least this one was in normal range so I am not so worried about the next one.

I gained 6lbs in the last 4 weeks. I have NO idea how that happened. I really watch what I eat but I am hungry all the time now. I don't eat chips or sweets-usually just fruit, yogurt or crackers so I am at a loss. I mean I am not perfect by any strech but it seems so odd to gain that much when I know I've been watching. Anyway, I am determined to do better these next 4 weeks. Ray is back on the WW bandwagon since he's been putting on the sympathy weight. Poor thing.

The baby is doing well. Heartrate was great and Doc had no trouble finding it at all. Baby was quite jumpy after the appointment and I actually felt him/her kick me when I put my hand on my tummy. That was cool. Ray spent about 10 minutes waiting to feel the same thing but naturally baby wanted to be a PITA. Now I know he/she takes after me. LOL.

This weekend I am determined to fix the curtains in the nursery and put up the wallpaper border. We are going to Lancaster next Saturday to pick out furniture. I figured I better get on that now while I still feel like I can and especially if it has to be ordered, it may take a while.

We started the babies r us registry and target too just because I am anal and I figured I better get my sh*t together sooner rather than later. I get into doing something and then lose interest so if I do it a little at a time that's better than leaving it to the last minute during the holidays. I can't believe it's already September. Gosh this whole pregnancy is going by so fast.

Well, that's really it from me and Baby Parrish. We have our next u/s appt in two weeks to check out baby's heart again. Not worried just excited to see our little one again.

4 comments:

LCP said...

Every pregnancy is different. Some weeks you may gain a lot, others, none. I wouldn't get too overly concerned especially if you aren't eating like a pig all the time. Also, if your doc isn't worried too much...go off her/his vibe.

The OB visits get oh so fun for the next few months!! Boring and sometimes feels like a waste of time...but still good if you have questions.

Have a great weekend.

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Yeah, pregnancy is weird like that. Weight gain can be so sporadic and unpredictable.

Trish J said...

The girls are right - you can't predict the amount of weight you'll gain, even if you follow strict guidelines. I was a faithful Bradley Mom and I put on 44 pounds - well above the "reccommended" weight gain. But I lost it all (plus some), so it truly was baby weight. Don't worry about what you put on - Baby will put all of it to good use.

Trish J said...

Just checking in - hope all is well!