Monday, December 1, 2008

So tired

Sleep has become elusive lately. It was a busy busy weekend. But good.

On Wednesday my mom came in to help me prepare Thanksgiving dinner since my sister was coming in and my in-laws were coming over. 10 of us total. The dinner came out well but it was exausting for a pregnant woman. I also had a doctor's appointment that day. No weight gain (w00t) and all my tests are normal! So this pregnancy has been totally normal so far-which is great. I start seeing all the other Ob's starting at my next appointment. This way in case my Ob isn't on call or can't make it to the birth I'll at least know who the doc is that's sticking his/her hand up there-LOL.

The highlight of the weekend was the baby shower though. Which went really well I think.

I got a lot of stuff that Baby Parrish needs including a stroller, 2 car seats (one infant, one convertable), bedding for the crib, baby monitor, blankets, diapers...and surprisingly enough not a lot of clothing-which in all is a good thing. Baby Parrish still needs hats and socks though. I have to work on that.

Apparently some of the girls at work are also throwing me a shower- it's supposed to be on the 12th. I am sure I will end up with lots of clothing at that one. They are a little annoyed that I won't tell them the sex of the baby. Ahh well get over it.

Oh even more exciting than my shower? I found out I am also going to be an Auntie! My brother's girlfriend is pregnant too. She's due July 12. She's 41 and freaking out but overall in good spirits. Very sick though- I think they are afraid she may have hypermeisis- which would suck for her. Hopefully it isn't that and by the time she gets out of this trimester (which should be soon) she'll be feeling better. My brother is very excited! Maybe my parents will luck out and get one of each (a grandson and a grandaughter).

My dad was down after thanksgiving too and made a radiator cover for the baby's room- which is looking so darn cute right now. As soon as we have all (or most) of the things up on the walls I'll be sure to post of picture of it (with me in it so that those of you who know me can see what a whale I've become LOL).

Ok, well that's it from here. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I've got some baby clothes (including a hat) that I picked up for you today- I'll bring them on Saturday!

The Swann's said...

Oh I can't wait to see nursery pics!!!!! :-) Have I said lately that I love it when you update??? Yes, I do! So much so that you need to head over to my blog as I have something there for ya! :-)

Ann M. said...

I thought you looked great! Tired, but great.

And the nursery is so cheery and bright :) I can't wait to see pictures with everything in it.