Saturday, July 9, 2011

Random

I am not even sure where to start this one. My grandmother is dying. I mean she's been very sick over the past several months but my dad and my uncle took her off life support this morning. It's really only a matter of time. The woman has been suffering so in a lot of ways this is probably a good thing. I know she was struggling to remain upbeat after the last hospitalization.

I wish I had gotten the chance to tell her about the new baby. We were waiting to see her in person because I wanted to cheer her up. Now I am not sure she ever got to know (because I made my dad promise not to tell her). I kind of hope he ended up telling her anyway.

Since the funeral will likely be Monday (she didn't want to be waked and apparently my uncle and father are abiding by her wishes but, I think they should do it anyway) I have to cancel and reschedule our u/s appointment with the RE. We'll be in NY for a couple of days after just to be with my family.

So now instead of celebrating the joy of new life, we'll be mourning my grandmother instead. I know everyone will say circle of life and all that but- still it's sad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma. My grandmas passed away on Tuesday after a 4 month battle with cancer - it sucks :(

Ann M. said...

I'm so sorry, Chrissy. I hate that I live far away from you now.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your loss.

The Swann's said...

I'm so sorry. Just over a year ago I was in similar shoes. Thankfully though, my grandma had just heard the news I was pregnant before she passed. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family at this time.