Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's all fun and games until they make you pee in a jug

Oh Ann, I never thought I would truly understand how you felt about the jug o' pee until I got the chance last night to experience it myself.

Bleh, and I'm on bed rest for at least a week. Which sucks hardcore btw.

So the story goes that I went in for my routine check up yesterday with my doctor. My pressure, after the nurse took it for the third time was 143/98- very bad. The doctor came in and checked it herself- it was 143/92-not too much better. I got to go to L&D triage to be monitored and checked for pre-e-fun? Not so much (i was really hungry). The tests all came back normal-I'm not swelling or anything but my pressure goes up when I sit up, stand up or lay flat. So I am supposed to lay on my right side or left side for at least the next week.

Of course I have a ton of crap to do-which includes finishing the nursery and my blanket.

Anyway, if the urine comes back with protein in it there is a pretty decent chance I'll be induced this week. Hopefully, everything will be normal and we won't have to worry about it. I am so not ready for this baby yet. But it's going to be what it's going to be, I suppose.

In the mean time I am going to do my best to take it easy. At the very least I'll finish packing my hospital bag (just in case) and do whatever left over baby laundry I have to do (only a few things). Ray can work it out with my FIL the rest of the nursery. With any luck the baby won't be here early and I can go naturally, like I want to.

So, that's it for now.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hang in there! And let me know if you need me to come by and help out with anything.

Ann M. said...

Let me know if you need anything/want company/are in the mood for some phone conversation. Or if you have jug o pee questions because you KNOW I am a pro. Stupid jug! I am here and will be the rest of the day.

Sending you non-inducing thought!!!

Anonymous said...

**hugs** to you Chrissy! This was me at the exact same point in the pregnancy. My blood pressure #s were almost exactly the same and my OB decided to "ground" me. Grrrrr. I remember doing a lot of knitting and I watched almost the ENTIRE series of Gilmore Girls on DVD during that blessed 1 1/2 weeks of bedrest. Hang in there! This too shall pass.