Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's a Girl

Clara Rose born on January 28, 2009 at 2:14am. She was 6lbs 12.7oz at birth and 19 7/8ths inches long.

She breastfeeds extremely well, sleeps well and is all around a happy baby. We are so lucky.

I apologize for not updating sooner but I've been trying to get a routine together while we are here in the hospital and last night was a toughy for us. But we made it through.

My mom is staying with me tonight, Ray went back to house with my dad so he can sleep in our bed and get some rest. He'll be back tomorrow and I'll be released from here. The experience has been wonderful.

I will however spare the details of the birth process---but that wasn't too bad either. Here's a picture of her:

9 comments:

Trish J said...

OH MY GOSH! Chrissy! She is an adorable peanut! So precious and beautiful! So glad things are going well and that you're able to nurse and she's catching on to it quickly.

Please get some rest and when you're able post again. I can't wait to hear your birth story and see more pictures.

I love her name - it is so dainty and old fashioned. She is a lucky girl.

Ann M. said...

You have no idea how pissed off I was that the stupid battery pack died the other night. I was up until 12, armed with electrical tape, trying to patch the stupid thing up so I could check facebook to see what was going on. We finally were able to get 7 minutes worth that next morning and Greg went to leave for work...so I ran outside in the snow to tell him :)

We're so happy for you and Ray. And of course, Clara. She is going to be one very loved little girl. I saw a picture of her with Jen and I cannot believe how tiny she is!

Marisa said...

Congratulations, Chrissy! She is beautiful.

The Robbins Nest said...

Congratulations! She is adorable and I love the name. I've been blog stalking you the last few days!! Get some rest!

tm said...

congratulations!!!! She is so cute

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Chrissy! :)

The Swann's said...

Oh my goodness!!!! She's absolutely beautiful!!! All that dark hair..... AWWW!!!!!!!!! I too am totally looking forward, when time allows of course, to your birth story and more photos!!! :-) Such a beautiful name too! Has it really been almost a year since I started following you... These last nine months went by extremely quick!!

Congrats again Family of THREE!!!

laurenjean said...

she is a cutie cute - omg!!!!!!
i am so happy for you both!!! all the Davis love to the Parrish Three!!!!

Mel said...

Congrats! She's beautiful and what a beautiful name! I hope you all are doing well!!!